2018 Judicial Performance Evaluation
Judge Mario Perez Tops Judicial Performance Evaluation
Judge Mario Perez ranks well above his opponents in the Judicial Performance Evaluation sponsored by the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA) and just released in the last few days. With good to excellent reviews averaging 95 percent to 98 percent, Judge Perez outscored his two opponents for the position of Pitt County District Court Judge in the upcoming election.
The performance review evaluated 158 district court judges and judicial candidates on the following nine categories that assessed legal ability, integrity, and professionalism:
- Has appropriate courtroom and trial experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of law, procedure and evidence
- Capably analyzes legal and factual issues
- Is able to serve in a fair and impartial manner
- Treats all in courtroom with courtesy and respect
- Shows patience and self control
- Is prepared and attentive in the courtroom
- Is respectful of court time
Judge Perez received top ratings on all of these categories as compared to his opponents. Judge Perez’s ratings were at the top percentage of all district court judges and candidates statewide.
“I was pleased to have received such high ratings from my colleagues. These results underscore my experience and ability. I am proud to have this feedback,” Judge Perez said.
According to the NCBA, more than three thousand North Carolina attorneys completed this year’s JPE. These evaluations have been conducted and released to the public since 2012 and are done to assist the public to cast an informed vote in judicial elections.